|Back to Back Issues Page|
Nothing To Lose But Fat!, Issue #028- Lose Weight During the Holidays?
December 22, 2013
Lose Weight During the Holidays?
Sounds counter intuitive, right? Who loses fat during winter holidays? You can, that's who with a few pointers to keep you from losing ground in your new healthier lifestyle and even shedding a pound if you are busy enough.
Stay physically active, do NOT obsess about all those holiday yummies. It's Christmas (or Kwanzaa or winter solstice) so enjoy them lightly - with a little vigilance you will not add fat that will stick around for the New Year!
Here are some ways to beat back the food over load and a tip to help you burn fat:
1. Relish holiday party hors d'oeuvres but have just three different, small servings with fresh veggies and fruit on each plate. Nibble away because these will reduce your appetite for dinner.
2. Savor what you want at dinner but take smaller portions than usual. Have dessert but make it a small serving. Enjoy your company and focus on them!
3. Limit yourself to two drinks and remember that the alcoholic beverage that has the lowest glycemic index and also the fewest calories will be a glass of dry wine or even a sparkling dry wine. Most over eating comes with drinking too much!
4. If you're making the dinner make it simple without a glycemic load. Our Christmas dinner menu is a "clean eating" but elegant feast.
5. If you're going to a potluck make a healthy dish so you have at least one good thing to eat.
6. Plan a strenuous physical activity the day after Christmas. If you can have your big Christmas or holiday feast in the afternoon you can plan a group hike afterwards weather permitting.
7. Eat 1 - 3 teaspoons of coconut oil in the morning. Use it instead of butter on your toast or put it in your morning smoothie. Coconut oil is incredibly nutritious and will increase your metabolism which will help you burn the calories you are eating. Some people lose weight just adding coconut oil to their diets.
Eating coconut oil regularly actually reduces serious sugar cravings. If you do indulge in holiday sweets do not worry about it. Your strategy for indulging is fool proof. The day after eat lightly and have a green smoothie for dinner. I promise you the fat cells will not stick around!
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
Have you visited Lifetime Fat Loss on Facebook? Many of my recipes are there and on Google Plus. Go to Facebook or Google Plus and just put Lifetime Fat Loss in the search boxes there. While you're there if you like what you see please let me know!
Have you visited Lifetime Fat Loss lately?
Spend less time in the kitchen and more time with friends and family!
A skinny lifestyle will see you through the holidays and all year 'round!
If you have any questions about what you read on Lifetime Fat Loss, ask me here in Your Questions.
These are the most effective products I have found that actually get results for weight reduction:
A pedometer that ensures you are getting in enough aerobic exercise to lose fat permanently!
The best blender for juicing you can buy! You can buy it in small payments, a buy now pay later program.
A natural fat burner that burns fat, blocks new fat cells and breaks down fat (lipolysis.)
A whey product that burns your fat in your meal replacement shake.
A natural hormone support product that will help you re-balance your metabolism.
This is the product that seriously reduces the inflammation caused by fat accumulation and helps you to detox.
The best green tea extract to help you burn fat.
* If you like this ezine, please do a friend and me a big favor and "pay it forward."
* If a friend DID forward this to you and if you like what you read, please subscribe by visiting Lifetime Fat Loss.
|Back to Back Issues Page|